The idea of remote work becoming more commonplace was raising before COVID-19. The pandemic has accelerated it, as former office workers have had to acclimate to making their home offices (or their couches, bedrooms) their primary workplaces.
But making remote work the norm for a significant percentage of workers requires more than a good videoconferencing application and comfortable office chair. It requires a shift in the organizational mindset regarding the work being done, the roles and skills of your workforce, and how you define a workplace. It requires new guidelines that enable an organization to navigate through a wide range of remote work scenarios. And it requires HR, tax, legal, and finance processes that responsibly track, compensate, and engage with a work-from-home workforce.
About workplace – the responsibility of the organization in ensuring a home office includes the right furniture, hardware, and software. Even in our high-tech age, many companies haven’t invested enough in virtual collaboration tools. Once you have the systems needed to effectively schedule, communicate, collaborate, and innovate as a company, remote workers can work efficiently in a workplace that may itself start looking different.
Enabling Digital Signatures for Remote Workers
While most enterprises have been focusing on their digital transformation the last few years, many are still utilizing processes that have manual, printed, or face-to-face components. Document signing is perhaps the best example of this.
While there are times where an electronic signature would suffice, in some cases – for example, on critical documents like contracts, tax forms, and invoices – a more secure, authenticated signature is required.
Here are a few other reasons to use trusted digital signatures:
– Security. A digital signature confirms that signers are really who they say they are, and it prevents retrospective changes to the signed document.
– Time. Signing a document with ink doesn’t take any longer than signing with a digital signature. But the time it takes to send an ink signed document to the recipient can easily take days, if not weeks. A digitally signed document can be sent in minutes via emails.
– Collaboration. In times of remote working and physical distancing, it’s difficult to come together to sign documents. This is especially tricky if several people have to sign one contract. Digital signatures allow for a quick turnaround without the need to meet in person.
– The environment. Think of all the sheets of paper and the delivery carbon emissions that can be saved! Digital signatures are the green alternative to wet ink signatures.
– Legal compliance. Digital signatures are legally admissible and equivalent to ink signatures.
We have solution – Digital Signing with Signator
If security and privacy are your main concern and uploading sensitive documents to on-line signing solution is not an option, you can choose from our ON-PREMISES suite of solutions, so you never have to worry about your documents leaving your company!
The vision is to enable the paperless exchange of legally binding documents for everyone using digital signatures.
Allows you to effortlessly define an automated signing workflow process. Use it to initiate digital signing between your internal users, external partners or clients. Upload your documents, define your signatories and start your signing workflow. It’s as simple as that!
Allows you to convert your existing PDF forms into active ones so that they can be published on your web portal and accessed by your clients via browser. With a digitally signed and legally binding PDF document, you will receive its underlying data in a structured format for additional automation!
You can sign documents on your desktop computer so your files never leave your digital environment.
Making workspaces more flexible brings many advantages – on both sides. Companies based in less attractive locations in particular can profit from this. At the same time, the social factor should not be ignored. Employees still need to be involved in and connected to the company, otherwise the employer will soon become an easily exchangeable element and high staff turnover will be unavoidable.
Contact us today so we can tell you more about our document signing solutions and help make this uncharted transition from office to quarantine as smooth and as secure as possible.